Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1: I DID IT!

Well, I gave up on the blog for a few days.  I figure no one is reading it.  I think I started feeling a little self-conscious about blogging.  I hear comments people make about those who blog...and those who read blogs.  Oh well.   They don't have to read mine nor do they have to blog!

What I found out is that I eat better when I blog about what I eat.  It's the accountability.  Crazy.  Accountable to - the internet? my "un"audience? the blog?  I guess it's just being accountable to me in a way that is possibly public.  I could easily lie about what I eat, but strangely enough, I don't!

Recap for the month:  I only had ONE COKE....and that was on day 29.  I think that is remarkable.  Day 29 was also when I went to Steak 'n Shake and had a patty melt and french fries.  Ooooh...bad.  Not really really bad - just not how I want to eat. 

The really bad thing is - tasting those carbs has just made me want more carbs.  I swear I am a carb addict.  Since that meal, I've had a small helping of potatoes, macaroni and cheese, some brownies, and a soft cinnamon-sugar pretzel.  Yikes!  WHAT IS IT ABOUT CARBS.  And by "carbs," I mean those processed, white-flour carbs.  Geez.

Well, tomorrow it's back to the regimen.  I'm proud of the month overall.  Had this been February, I would have been successful (February has 29 days!).   So, I'm counting this as a success.

Hayley read that a good way to eat healthy is to take pictures of what you eat and do a food diary.  I've done food diaries in the past.  That does help.  Taking the pictures helps a lot.  It helps tremendously to put it all out there on a blog.  Funny that it makes a difference.  I'll use whatever tool I can to stay on track.

Hopefully, the remainder of September will be full of healthy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment