Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5: It's Not Polite to Eat in Front of Others

My mom always taught us that it isn't polite to eat in front of others - unless they are eating, too.  So with Gary on only jello and broth today in preparation for his colonoscopy, I didn't cook.  You know - whatever excuse you can use to get out of cooking is allowed!

No pictures today.  Food wasn't worth photographing!

BREAKFAST:
Instant oatmeal.  Don't resort to that too often, but we had some in the pantry.  It was quick and easy, and actually, this flavored oatmeal is pretty good.

LUNCH:
V8 broccoli soup.  Good, but it has sugar, etc. in it.  I don't get it often, but it is pretty good stuff.  Had some beef jerky with it.

DINNER:
I just rummaged around in the kitchen looking for something fast and easy.  Two chicken hot dogs and an Asian Pear Apple.  Wow, that's sad.

SNACKS:
Finished off the dark chocolate from yesterday.  Going to have a bite of cheese and some rice crackers later.

I slept so good last night.  I don't know if it was the melatonin or the lack of sleep, but I actually made it through the night without getting up.  I have been so sleepy today.  I hope it holds through the night again.  Probably going to try sleep without the melatonin and see what happens.

Rainy, cool, cloudy day.  The kind of days I like.  Makes me want to settle in, stay warm, and appreciate what I have.  (That sentence:  Rainy, cool, cloudy day.  Just seems like it should be rainy, cooly, cloudy day :)

Well, just one picture - of my cat, Phie.

No comments:

Post a Comment