Sunday, September 4, 2011

September 4, 2011: Lip-Puckering Tart!

Long night last night.  I went to bed around 1.  Woke up at 2:30 hungry but was talking myself out of getting up for a snack.  Then I heard a squealing outside.  I knew it had to be Yet Man with a bunny.  I went downstairs, and sure enough, he had a little bunny at the back door.  I went out to rescue the bunny.  Yet Man dropped it, bunny took off, Yet Man went after it. 

There I am in my tank top and underwear on the deck trying to rescue a bunny.  Bunny took off; cat took off.  I hope the bunny got away.  Since I was up (and in the kitchen), I decided to go ahead and get a snack.  I got a piece of cold ham.  While I was eating it, I thought, what a strange paradox - I'm working to save the life of a bunny yet eating a pig! 

Meals were off schedule today, since I slept late (didn't get back to sleep until 6:30 a.m.). 

BREAKFAST:
A tofu smoothie in my new nifty and smaller food processor.  I had tried some strawberry "ice cream" last night (frozen berries and almond milk processed in the blender).  Strawberry just isn't as good as the banana.  I saved some of the "ice cream" and used that for the smoothie this morning.  Sure saved a little time.  I may have to pre-blend some fruit and freeze it for smoothies.  This morning I added some frozen tart cherries.  Yep...they sure were tart!  Good...but tart.

I had to work hard to keep from taking a nap.  My goal is to actually sleep through the night tonight.  I have no clue what's going on with my sleep.  The bewitching hour has become a frequent visitor.  I got some melatonin tonight.  I've never tried it, but I'm going to give it a go tonight.





LUNCH:
Pretty much what we had yesterday:  ham, five-bean salad, and some kiwi.  The kiwi was so pretty.  I sliced it, and it looked like hearts on the inside. 

Aren't phones amazing today?  I'm using my cell phone for these pictures.  I'm sure my good camera would do a better job, but the phone sure is easy.







DINNER:
We went to see The Help at The Kentucky this afternoon.  Good movie.  Decided to eat out before heading home.  We like Rafferty's salad, so that's where we went.  I got a salad with oil & vinegar and potato soup.  Good....and enough.

Went to Meijer's to pick up a few items before going to the movie.  We used one of my new totes - love it!  I got these from www.reuseit.com.  They have hooks that go over the sides of the grocery cart.  Fill them up, check out, and refill the tote.  I think this is going to be easier than multiple reuseable bags - if they hold enough without crushing everything.  Meijer's carts are too wide at the front of the cart for the tabs to fit.  Don't know how I'll manage two totes, unless I use of the smaller grocery carts they have.  

Check out, remove the basket from the cart, and it collapses into a tote.   Just one of my efforts to be "green."  Another is using bowl covers instead of foil or plastic wrap.  I've had these covers for years.  I'm sure they're made of some evil plastic.  They typically don't touch the food, so I'm continuing to use them.  I've looked up patterns/ideas for making my own, but it seems it's difficult to find water proof/resistent food-safe fabric.  If you can't find these, a plastic shower cap would also work.  I just wash them with my dishes after using.  

SNACK:
We took a hidden snack into the movie....sshhhh!!!!!!  Some dark chocolate.  Dark chocolate has never been one of my favorites.  I like milk chocolate.  Dark is supposed to be healthy.  The "darker," the better.  It sure isn't sweet, and I don't want to overeat dark chocolate like I would milk chocolate.  That's a good thing.

Do I need to say that I didn't exercise today?  Overly tired from lack of sleep.  Just didn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment