Saturday, September 3, 2011

September 3: At It Again

Getting back on track.  This month's focus (now that I'm doing better re: food):  EXERCISE....but not today :)

I really don't seem to get so hungry any more.  That lets me know that often times I'm eating due to habit or cravings.  Today, though, after lunch (and it was a filling lunch), I had that empty feeling.  That makes me want to eat.  I didn't.  Well, except for a handful of cashews.  My grandmother always said that when you are feeling empty even after a big meal, you should eat some celery.  I've tried this in the past.  It does seem to work.  Since it's really not hunger that drives that search, the celery doesn't make you feel overly stuffed.  Maybe it's the satisfying crunch and chew of celery that works.  Who knows.  I should have thought of that today, but the cashews were handy and worked - and are healthy.

BREAKFAST:
Just a hard-boiled egg.  As I said, I wasn't feeling really hungry today.

LUNCH:
Phie checking out my lunch.
Quick lunch of a slice of ham, five-bean salad, and some tomatoes with olive oil and kosher salt.













DINNER:
We went to Captain D's (Gary's choice).  I did get fried country-style fish, but I only ate about 1/2 the breading.  Dipped the fish in some tartar sauce, but probably not more than 2 T worth.  Had green beans and corn on the cob to go with it.  I usually don't eat the hushpuppies - just not a lover of hushpuppies.  


SNACK:
An apple this morning, some sweet midget pickles and 3 brazil nuts this afternoon.  I think I'll make some strawberry "ice cream" before bed tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment