Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6: Oh Baby, It's Cold Outside!

I'm a sucker for kitchen gadgets.
We've had quite a change in temperature.  A few days ago it was in the upper 90s.  Today was cool enough for a sweater - and we had rain.  I'm not complaining.  I love cool weather, don't really mind the rain, and am looking forward to Fall.

Gary had a colonoscopy done this morning.  I had no clue how long it would take, so I wanted to have a more substantial breakfast; therefore, we drove through McDonald's on our way to the hospital.  I ate my Egg McMuffin in front of poor Gary.  Got a diet Coke, too.  Oh hell, I was helping fortify Gary for his procedure :)  Can't fault me for that.

BREAKFAST:
McDonald's Egg McMuffin.  I've read that it's one of the better options there.  I do like them.  I used to make them at home.  I made them one morning and dropped one.  Gary looked at me and said, "That's ok.  I really don't like them."  So, I haven't made them any more!  Buying them is easier - though I'm sure, not healthier.


LUNCH:
My Cane's meal.
Gary's Cane's meal
We didn't get to lunch until around 2.  I was starving.  Good thing I had that Egg McMuffin.  Gary's choice for lunch, since he'd had to do without food for a day and a half.  He chose Cane's.  The man loves chicken.  It's not my first choice of places to go.  Not as crazy about chicken fingers as Gary is, and the options for healthy eating are slim there.  I did have about ten of Gary's fries and one bite of his bread.  Love that bread.


DINNER:
Quick and easy and light, since we ate a late lunch.  Hamburger steaks and green/shelley beans.  Cooked those burgers in Ghee.


No comments:

Post a Comment