Saturday, March 16, 2013

March 16, 2013

Did the Shamrock Shuffle today!  We walked with Gary & Becky this morning.  Had to be lined up by 7:30ish.  We got downtown around 7 to be sure we got a parking space.  Lots of people turned out.  Becky would have been running, but she opted to walk with us until the last 1/3, then she took off running.  Fun morning.  Afterwards, we went to Alfalfa's for breakfast.  Alfalfa's is a local restaurant.  It used to be a kind of hippy place with funky food.  It's more mainstream now.  I had a ham and cheese omelet and their Alfafries - kind of a lump of steamed potatoes.

ImagesCame home and took a nap!!!  Gary woke me up to tell me we'd been "invited" to Hayley and Paul's.  Gary put up three ceiling fans for them - two more to go.  I played with Eliza.  

I should have planned better for dinner.  Just wasn't thinking about being there that long.  Paul ordered pizza from Pizza Hut.  Normally that would be one of my very favorite things, but I'm trying to avoid that gluten.  I saw them eating pizza but didn't actually even want it.  Odd.  I got their wings instead.  I think they did have breading on them but not as much bread as pizza, I'm sure.BUFFALO MILDAlong with that, I had some celery.  Pretty simple meal.

Home now with my feet in the foot massager.  Steps so far:  9384.  I really expected my feet to be sore tonight after doing the Shamrock Shuffle.  I usually go about 2.7 mph on the treadmill.  Today we did 3.5 mph.  My calf was getting to me about midway.  It never got bad enough that I had to stop or bad enough that I thought I was doing damage - I hope.  Going at it hard and heavy on uneven surfaces gets me every time.  

Good day.  Friends, family, exercise, and sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment