Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 1 - Day One!!!




The bewitching hour hit again this morning.  For some reason, no matter what time I go to bed, I wake up around 2:30 a.m.  Sometimes I can go back to sleep; sometimes I'm up for awhile.  This morning I woke up at 2:35, stayed up until 5:00, and finally went to sleep.  Got up at 9:00.  That made me feel like the day was already out of control, but I put aside that thought, and moved on.

BREAKFAST:

I had some gluten-free bread in the freezer, so I toasted a half slice of that for breakfast.  Topped it with some almond butter and chia seeds (the latest/greatest recommendation by health food people).  Ate some mandarin oranges, too.  Satisfying and really not that unusual from what I typically eat for breakfast.

Went to the grocery store, and passed fast food restaurants and DID NOT DRIVE THROUGH FOR A DIET COKE - hurray!  I do drink a lot of tea - just crave Cokes.  Today was tea and water.

LUNCH:
Tofu smoothie for lunch.  I know, I know, I know.  Everyone turns their nose up at these.  I love them.  I also know there are some differing opinions about eating soy, but I'm ok with tofu.  I've been making them for years and pretty much make the same smoothie each time.  It's usually peaches, strawberries, banana, and flax seed oil.  This time I used mango, raspberries, banana, chia seeds, flax seed oil, and (thanks to Daisy) some spinach.  I have to say I could taste the difference with the spinach added, but it's still good.  Love my tofu smoothies.

We went to Cave Run Lake to boat and meet friends who are camping there.  Just snacked on a few cherries on the pontoon.  I love love love cherries.  Ranier are my favorite.  I've been known to spend $20 on cherries ....and eat them in a couple days!

DINNER:

Dinner was provided - grilled chicken shish kabobs:  four chunks of chicken, tomato, onion, zucchini.  Healthy!  I had two salads - green beans/tomato/cucumber with raspberry vinaigrette dressing.....and garbanzo beans/tomatoes/green onion/pepper/spinach/olive oil.  Also had a small slice of ham.  This vegetarian plan hasn't kicked in yet, but...this is a process....I may get there. Oh - forgot, a small piece of cheese, too.  I made the bean salad.

And.....ta da....I passed on dessert!  I'm not against dessert, believe me.  I just wanted to try and remain gluten-free, and that was not an option. 

EXERCISE:

As far as exercise goes, the plan was to get up and ride my bike this morning.  The bewitched-me had other plans - like being up all night and sleeping late.  Oh well.  No problem.  I water skiied and swam.  I also did somersaults in the water.  Okay, I know that sounds like a lame way to exercise, but it actually makes me breathe hard and use my arms.  Try doing several somersaults in a row and see for yourself.  It's good exercise, although I do admit that I just like doing them.  My favorite is a laid out backwards somersault in the water.  Feels so good to stretch out like that.  Where else can you really lay out backwards and stretch that way?  I'm sure for those with me, it's kind of strange to try and have a conversation with someone who is head up....butt up....head up...butt up....head up!
All in all, I think it was a good day - some sunshine, some exercise, time with friends, healthy eating.  Not a bad start at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment