Friday, August 19, 2011

August 19: Day 19 - Shrimp O'The Sea

Finished up my week with Miss E today.  She's so darned sweet and such a good baby.

BREAKFAST:
I had some bacon and cantaloupe.  I know bacon isn't the best choice of meats, but it was quick and satisfying.  

LUNCH:
I actually didn't get hungry between breakfast and lunch today.  I guess the bacon held me.  I often have a snack before lunch, but not today.  Of course, I was also busy packing/cleaning up to come home.  Gary came over to Elizaville.  We had shrimp cocktail, corn/peas, blueberries, and cherries.  

Cherry cairn






Shrimp-tail cairn
You know, of course, that sometimes it's perfectly fine to play with your food.  I was taught that it isn't proper to do, but it hasn't been strictly forbidden in my house.  Hayley and I have had some interesting meals - being creative with food - usually after we've eaten.  We've been known to throw cooked spaghetti on the wall and ceiling to test for done-ness....and meals eaten without utensils....and slamming our face into a big bowl of popcorn to eat it hands-free!  Today I made a couple food cairns.  I don't think Gary was too impressed, but I thought it was a nice touch to the end of the meal.  Namaste!


DINNER:
Hayley opted to have her birthday dinner tonight.  She chose a Japanese grill.  Fine with me, because this is one of my favorite foods - shrimp, fried rice, and veggies cooked in front of me on the hot grill.  I also love their salad dressing.  I sometimes buy a pint of it to use at home.  

Tonight I ate the soup and salad, but I went easy on the rest of the meal.  I ate about 1/3 of the shrimp and about 1/3 cup of the fried rice.  Ate all my veggies (zucchini, mushrooms, carrots).  I could so easily eat four helpings of the fried rice.  It's so good.  Love the shrimp, too, but I actually was full with what I ate.  Probably tells me that I usually just eat it all without paying attention to whether or not I'm full.  Of course, all this food is so good, because it has butter in it!  Okay for an occasional meal out but not on a routine basis.

SNACK:
Got hungry mid-afternoon, so I had some cherries and some summer sausage. 

Shrimp twice in one day.  I love shrimp.  Especially when someone else makes it for me and pays the bill.  Thanks, Gary, for paying the bill!  And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Baby Girl Gardner.

No comments:

Post a Comment