Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 18: Day 18 - Lift That Bale; Tote That Barge

I actually slept all night last night...well, from midnight until 7 a.m.  I also had two naps today when Miss E napped.  And still....I'm tired!  This baby is getting to be a solid little chunk.  Lifting and carrying her all day surely is exercise.  Has to be, as tired as I am at night!  Lifting and toting....it's what we do all day - and I love it.

FOOD:
Breakfast was vanilla yogurt with fresh raspberries and walnuts.  It took me a long time to even like yogurt.  Then I only wanted yogurt that had the fruit pureed and blended in.  Now I like yogurt with chunks of fresh fruit and nuts.  Tomato juice, too.  Yeewww....yuck.  Tomato juice and yogurt?  There was about 30 minutes between them, so it was ok.








LUNCH:
Pretty much a repeat of last night's dinner:  hamburger patty, corn on the cob, cherry tomatoes, and cantaloupe.  I'll confess that I topped it off with a couple Newton cookies.










DINNER:
Miss E was really tired this evening, so dinner was put on hold while she went to bed.  I ate while Hayley and Paul were getting E to bed.  I had a boiled chicken breast and fresh cherries.  In a bit I'll have some asparagus that Hayley is fixing with some Alfredo sauce on it.    I didn't even eat the entire chicken breast.  I wasn't that hungry tonight for some reason. 

SNACK:
Almond butter with honey on gluten-free bread.

NOTE:
Ate some of the pasta, chicken, asparagus, and Alfredo sauce Hayley made.  Yumm.  Good thing I'd already eaten, because I would have been tempted to eat more than the 1/3 cup I had.

It's so much easier if I plan the next day's meal the day before.  I have it set in my mind what I'll eat, so then there's no contemplating what to eat and being tempted.  It also ensures that I have the food in the house.  It's like having a list of errands:  Get groceries, gas up the car, do the laundry.  Nothing to think about - yogurt for breakfast, leftovers for lunch, chicken for dinner.  All planned out; just go with it!


I had to share my corn today!

No comments:

Post a Comment