Saturday, August 6, 2011

August 6: Day 6 - Pat the Cat ...and Recovery Day

We brought Miss E home with us last night.  That meant another late-night feeding, up at 4:00 a.m. for a plug-in (pacifier), 6 a.m. feeding, and awake at 8 a.m.  Four days with no sleep requires a recovery day!  Not that I'm complaining - just reporting :).

BREAKFAST:
Toasted gluten-free bread with almond butter and honey.  Miss E left around 11:00 a.m.  Always sad to see her go.

LUNCH:
Just some prosciutto!  I know it can be eaten straight out of the package, but I like to brown it a bit.  Salty....but good.  And then....

A LONG NAP - like 4 1/2 hours!  Oh, it felt so good.  I did dream, however, that I let a some woman's baby drop into the water off of a bridge.  I immediately jumped in to save the baby, but he had already floated down the river.  Rather macabre.  I did find her another baby, though, so I guess it worked out ok.  Must have been some latent anxiety re: keeping Miss E.

DINNER:
We went to Ramsey's for dinner.  Decided I should have some vegetables:  corn (with bacon bits), kale, green beans, and cottage cheese w/tomatoes.  Pretty good.  Passed my cornbread stick off to Gary.  

SNACK:

We went to Meijer's after dinner to pick up few things.  I got some gluten-free ciabatta.  All the gluten-free bread I've bought has been dry dry dry dry dry.  It's usually crumbly and only good when toasted.  These rolls were soft in the vacuum-sealed package, so I thought I'd try them.  Expensive - about $1 a roll.  Had one for a snack with some butter.  Very soft....but pretty tasteless!  

Bought some strawberries.  If I stay up late enough, I'll have 4-5 for a snack before bed.  




EXERCISE:
My cat, Phie, just loves to have her butt patted.  She gets very insistent with this.  When I've been gone a few days (like going to Louisville), she is even worse.  That's the most exercise I got today - cat-butt patting!  She lays on the back of the sofa and claws at me until I obey.  I've told Gary that if I go missing, am found, and the forensic report on the body shows that the person was left-handed (due to stronger muscles on that arm), don't dismiss the possibility that it's me - my left arm/hand surely has to be stronger (even though I'm right-handed), because this is a nightly/daily ritual the cat and I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment