Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 2 - Workin' On It!

Okay.  Let's get the exercise issue out of the way right at the start.  I didn't.  That is I didn't exercise today.  I stayed busy, but there was no formal "exercise" that happened. 

As far as food goes, I did pretty good for day two.  Hurray for me!  And that's without yet sitting down to do any real planning. 

BREAKFAST:
Well, I've always been someone who wanted "breakfast" food for breakfast; i.e. cereal, oatmeal, muffin, eggs, etc.  I just have never been one of those people who could eat pizza first thing in the morning.  But this morning...I dunno...I went for edamame (fancy name for soybeans).  Seriously.  Edamame for breakfast.  Tasted pretty good.  I also had a small piece of ham to go with it.  Ham and soybeans.  I don't think you'll find that on any restaurant menu. 

LUNCH:
Had tofu left, so I had another smoothie.  Today was blueberries and raspberries for the fruit; the rest was the same as yesterday.  Smoothies are such a handy little item to eat.  Everything in one glass, sipped through a straw, portable, and healthy.  Love 'em.

DINNER:
I stopped on my way to Louisville for dinner.  I was alone and didn't want to take a lot of time, so I just stopped at Wendy's in Simpsonville.  I got a grilled chicken sandwich and a fruit cup as the side along with unsweetened iced tea.  I ate the chicken and tomato - not the bun.  Satisfied me.

SNACK:
Cottage cheese.  There's just something about cottage cheese that makes me have a bite as soon as I get it home from the grocery store.  Tonight I had it with some cherry tomatoes. 

Paul had a bag of Doritoes open - taco flavor.  I had some.  I admit it.  They were so good. 

Oh, also had some dark chocolate today.  That's supposed to be healthy now.  Who knows.  Next month it will be on the list of bad foods.

I'm so proud of me.  I actually walked into Wendy's and DID NOT ORDER A DIET COKE. 

Doing good on Day Two.




Dear God:  Thank you for the food You provided today, and thank You for keeping me from temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment