Thursday, August 11, 2011

August 11: Day 11 - Walkin' in My Own Head

I've actually been eating a fair amount of food but hardly any simple carbohydrates.  I feel fuller and don't crave the junk food.  Now, if you gave me a bag of potato chips, I'd still be inclined to eat the entire bag, or if you gave me a 12-pack of Cokes, I'd drink them all.

Since I'm trying to go gluten-free (at least for now), I haven't eaten much bread.  I have some frozen gluten-free bread I could eat.  It just isn't the same as good ole white Wonder bread!  I've thought about making egg salad for sandwiches, but I want it on white bread....so....I haven't made it yet.  I need to change my taste buds.  Haven't had many potatoes at all - nor rice or pasta.  Mostly just meat, vegetables, and fruit...some grains.  

I think I'm going to give up the idea of going vegetarian.  Nice thought; difficult for me to do.  I'll just try to buy meat that I know is either local or free-range/grass-fed.  Disappointed in myself a bit.  Gotta let it go.

BREAKFAST:
Still some quiche left over; had another piece of that.  It is filling, for sure.  

LUNCH:
Some cottage cheese.  I also had a bowl of strawberries with almond milk.  That's a childhood favorite that my great-grandmother would give us.  Fresh sliced strawberries with milk or cream.  Yummm.  I wasn't sure how the almond milk would taste on the berries, but it was really good. Almond milk has fewer carbs than does rice milk.  The strawberries color the milk red, and the leftover milk (after the berries are gone) tastes good.

DINNER:
We went to Chik-Fil-a for dinner.  I often get the grilled chicken wrap there and only eat half (save half for later), but I didn't want to eat the flour wrap.  So I got a grilled chicken sandwich - just removed the bun.  I didn't even really think about the fries.  Now if I'd been at McDonald's, I would have wanted the fries!  I got the carrot salad instead.  Not sure what all is in it, but I figured it was better for me than the waffle fries.

SNACK:
Had some banana "ice cream."  I got a tip from someone - peel and chop the bananas first before freezing.  That way you don't have to fiddle with peeling/chopping frozen bananas.  I haven't tried it yet, but I will next time I freeze some bananas.  Added chopped walnuts to the "ice cream."

Also had a handful of cashews.

I'll have another snack before bed time.  Haven't had too many calories today.  Probably have some cheese and strawberries.


EXERCISE:
Walked for 2.17 miles in the neighborhood.  I like to walk with my iPod plugged into my head.  Usually I just use the ear buds, but tonight I put my headphones on.  I hear people comment that they can't believe people walk with headphones on.  They think that people should be listening to nature as they walk.  Well....pppfffftttt.  I want to walk like I like to walk.  

I am probably more anti-social than I want to admit.  I just want to talk to people when I want to talk to them - not randomly.  I am one of those people who will look out the window before going out to check the mail, because I don't want to have to talk to the neighbors. 

Walking with headphones lets people know that I'm not up for conversations.  I can nod and say hello and move on.  Plus....I just like to be in my own head.  I'm incredibly entertaining and amusing!  Most of the time I get annoyed when people try to "come in."  So walking with headphones lets me 1. avoid people; 2. stay in my own head; and 3. listen to my favorite music.  So, don't bug me about how I should listen to nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment