Thursday, August 4, 2011

August 4: Day 4....Pretty Much A Repeat

Well, this will be pretty dull.  Day Four was pretty much like Day Three...except....

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, & DINNER:
Eliza let me sleep late this morning, so instead of having "breakfast," I just had a protein bar and some cherries.  Lunch - smoothie - again, and a 1/2 cup cottage cheese.  Dinner was spaghetti (rice noodles, leftover sauce) and a salad with olive oil.

I have to say that eating leftovers takes the "thinking" out of what to eat.  I can truly understand why people go with those fad diets - like eating cabbage soup for two weeks.  Nothing to think about.  Just make a pot of soup and eat it.  Not as many temptations either.

EXERCISE:
Gary came over to Elizaville today.  We took Eliza to the mall.  Now this is where temptation usually is - all those people offering free samples.  We went to mall #2, and there aren't as many food places there, so no one was handing out samples today.  That was good.  Yesterday at mall #1, the Sbarro guy kept trying to entice people to "come over and try a sample."  It smelled so good...dough and tomato sauce - two of my favorites.  I resisted.

We walked for a couple hours at the mall.  Wrestled Eliza the rest of the day, made dinner, general baby-tending duties.

SNACKS:
Mall #2's candy kiosk didn't have chocolate-covered raisins, so I had a small  handful of M&Ms....and they were fifty cents  v a quarter like at mall #1.  There's portion control for you too - I'm cheap, and that has kept me from food before!

Paul made popcorn after dinner.  I just love popcorn.  "Real" popcorn - not microwave popcorn - made on the stove with a little oil.  Orville Redenbacher is my favorite.  I did have about 1 1/2 cups of popcorn.

Stood in line at one of the food places at the mall and ordered iced tea - not Coke.  Day Four with no soft drinks.

Do I feel healthier yet?  Can't say that I feel any different physically, but I do feel better mentally knowing that I'm taking action to getting on the road to being healthy.

I am tired.  Busy day; busy little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment