Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August 17: Day 17 - Eliza and the Magic Fountain

I've held up incredibly well today considering.....I went to bed at 10:30 p.m. last night and woke up at 12:30 a.m.  I fed Eliza at 4:30 a..m.  Finally went to sleep at 6:00 a.m.  Eliza got me up at 8:00 a.m.  That's not much sleep for me.

BREAKFAST:
I was going to make quinoa this morning, but I just didn't have the energy!  I had some yogurt with fresh raspberries and walnuts instead.

LUNCH:
Three slices of summer sausage, corn/peas, and cherry tomatoes.








DINNER:
Hamburger patty (93/7), cantaloupe, cherry tomatoes, raspberries, and corn on the cob.

SNACK:
Apple while walking at the mall.  Cheese and blueberries before bed.  Iced tea.



EXERCISE:
Walked for 3 hours at the mall.  Hadn't intended to stay that long at the mall today, but Eliza took a long nap.  Typically she'll doze for maybe 20-30 minutes at the mall.  There have been a couple times when she's slept for an hour.  I kept expecting her to wake up, and we'd leave, but she'd pop her eyes open, stretch, and go back to sleep.  I didn't have the heart to put her in the car and interrupt that good sleep.  I guess the Magic Fountain did the trick today.


The Magic Fountain?  Well, one of the malls we frequent has a large fountain.  The water sprays upwards and creates a low, dull, mini-roar.  About four times now, I've paid attention to when Eliza is sleepy.  I take her to the fountain, I sit on the wall of the fountain, lay her stroller seat back, move the stroller with my foot, and presto sleep-o, she goes to sleep!  The Magic Fountain was powerful today.



Oh, yea.  I forgot.  My 25cent chocolate-covered raisin treat at the mall! 

NOTES:
There has been a good amount of meat in my meals lately.  I'm trying a new strategy based on the book I'm reading:  Good Calories, Bad Calories.  I'll see how this goes before I discuss it.  Suffice it to say, I'm eating more meat lately.

I don't think I'll need a Magic Fountain tonight.  I'm beyond tired.






No comments:

Post a Comment