Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 8: Day 8 - Coinciding Numbers

Have you caught on yet to the fact that the calendar date and my counting date are the same :).

Went to Pigeon Forge today just for the night to keep little ones so the big ones could play at Dollywood.

BREAKFAST:
Had some oatmeal with raisins and dates before we left.  Love oatmeal.  I would really like it with brown sugar in it like I used to eat as a child, but I leave the sugar off now.  Some fruits or nuts makes up the flavor.

LUNCH:
Stopped at McDonald's for lunch.  I got a salad with grilled chicken.  I often don't use dressing and didn't this time.  This was their Asian Salad - had snow peas and other vegetables in it.  Pretty good for fast-food salads.

SNACK:
I bought some Asian Pear Apples.  We "found" these a few years ago, and I love them.  They must be seasonal, because I can't find them all the time in the stores.  It's like eating a ripe but crunchy pear.  Skin looks like a pear; shape is an apple.  Weird little good things.

DINNER:
Went out to eat in Pigeon Forge.  I got a 1/2 slab of bbq ribs....yummm....and some broccoli with beer cheese.  Never thought about beer cheese on broccoli, but it was good.  I may have to try that at home.  Certainly gave a different flavor to the broccoli.  The meal came with mashed potatoes.  I only ate about 1/4 cup of those, though I could have eaten all I was served plus two more helpings.  Love potatoes.

Giving myself a huge pat on the back - DAY NINE AND NO SOFT DRINKS!



Confession:  I did have some peanut butter fudge.  Can you really go to a place like Pigeon Forge and not get some fudge?  Peanut butter is the only flavor I like.  Had to indulge.  Ah come on...even the cat gets treats :).



EXERCISE:
Well, another day of keeping up with little ones.  Lifting and toting and changing and playing and feeding....

No comments:

Post a Comment