Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 13: Day 13 - Porky Pig Kinda Day

Slept late this morning, so we had a late breakfast.  Decided to do a bit of shopping, a movie, and dinner out.  We saw Snowflower and the Secret Fan.  Good movie.  Then we went to Butt Rubbin' BBQ for dinner.


 

BREAKFAST/LUNCH:
Three slices of bacon (pork) and fresh organic blueberries.  That's an odd combination now that I think about it.  Tasted good, though.

DINNER:
We'd never been to Butt Rubbin' BBQ.  They had salads, chicken, hamburger, etc., but I figured I had to try the barbeque.  I got pig wings (pork again)!  Never heard of them.  I asked the waiter what they were.  He explained that they are the lower part of the leg on the pig.  (From some website:  A pig wing is a juicy, incredibly tender piece of pork meat that is actually the shank part of the pig leg.)  They were pretty good.  Looks like a meatier rib.  Meat just fell off the bone.  I only ate two of the pig wings. It came with two sides.  I chose baked beans and a tossed salad.  I tasted one crouton; gave the rest to Gary.  Oh, they were good, believe me.  I just didn't want to do the gluten.  Also took one bite of the Texas toast.  It was yummy, too, but passed it off to Gary also.

SNACK:
We met Hayley, Paul, Eliza, and Paul's parents at Brooklyn Pizza.  We'd eaten, so we just talked while they ate.  I love  pizza, but not this particular pizza, so I wasn't even tempted.  I did, however, really want a Coke.  My stomach was a bit edgy, and a cold Coke would have really tasted good.  I resisted.

Didn't resist, however, some frozen yogurt later.  We hadn't tried the new yogurt place in town:  Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt - frozen yogurt on tap.  Lots of flavors and several toppings to add.  It was pretty good.  I'm sure I overdid it.  I just got vanilla and topped it with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and nuts.  Pretty good.




Bedtime snack - fresh spinach to chomp on and a piece of cheese.

Lots of unsweetened iced tea today. 

No exercise.  OINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment