Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 9: Day 9 - Lighten Up

Busy day coming back from Pigeon Forge.  Had to get up, clean up, pack up the condo.  Had to stop and shop a bit in Pigeon Forge - Coleman Outlet Store, i.e., bought some camping gear.  Met the kids for lunch and came on home.  Unpacked and doing laundry now.

BREAKFAST:
I made a couple quiches last night.  Had about 1 1/3 slices - had to try both quiches.  One was low-fat (mushroom/spinach/cottage cheese/cheese/egg whites); the other was high fat (mushroom/sausage/butter/eggs/cheese)!  They were both actually good.  I do have to say that fat certainly holds you longer.  I wasn't hungry until after noon.

LUNCH:
Met the kids at Quaker Steak & Lube....famous for its chicken wings.  That's not what I got, however.  I had a small salad and a cup of baked beans.  Weird, I know.  I just wasn't that hungry but wanted something that would hold me a bit.  I did get some Italian dressing, but I just dipped my fork in it instead of pouring all over the salad - barely ate any that way.





DINNER:
I just felt like I had eaten heavy food all weekend and needed to lighten up some, so we just had smoothies for dinner:  banana, strawberries, and some almond butter - along with chia seeds and flax seed oil.  I've never done the almond butter in a smoothie.  I typically just like the fruit taste, but this was pretty good. 

SNACK:
I'll have one of those Asian Apple Pears before bed.

I really have done pretty good about the soft drinks.  I thought I would crave them like I do when I drink them regularly.  The only time I've been tempted is when I see them - in a restaurant - or the 2 liter Coke that was at the condo this weekend.  I could've tipped it and chugged it - but didn't.  Drinking water and tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment