Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5: Day Five - Fairies and Eerie Midnight Visitors

Today is a bit of a blur.  Lots to do, and the day went by quickly.  I didn't get in any formal exercise, but I stayed busy most of the day - laundry, toting Eliza around, cooking dinner, several trips up and down the steps, etc. Surely that has to count as exercise.  I'm tired enough that it should count.

Miss E goes to bed around 8 p.m. but gets a bottle at midnight.  I was tired last night and went to bed early.  Got up at midnight to feed her....which means that I also have a snack.  Cherries and raw almonds - easy foods to keep by the bed.  I didn't have a napkin, so I put the cherry pits in a Kleenex.  Got up to throw it away, and saw that the cherries/Kleenex had morphed into a ghostly visitor!  Doesn't take much to entertain me in the middle of the night...especially when I'm sleep deprived.  I think I can surely sell this on EBay - The Shroud of Cherries Past or something like that.

BREAKFAST:
Quinoa.  It's actually kinda yummy.  Had some cherries, too.  Quinoa is kind of like oatmeal - pretty much looks the same before and after being cooked and ends up as a blob.

LUNCH:
Broccoli soup and 2% cottage cheese.  I love this brand of soups.  

SNACK:  The soup and cottage cheese didn't hold me long.  I really wanted to finish off the cottage cheese, but I decided I should go for a fruit.  I chose apple, but I had to share it with someone!



DINNER:
I put a pork loin in the crockpot for dinner.  We all enjoyed it - me without bread; everyone else as a sandwich on a bun.  Sure would have liked to have had that bun, but I didn't have any gluten-free buns.  We also had corn-on-the-cob.  Yummmmy.

SNACK:
Got home from Louisville and had some cherries (they are all gone now) and some sharp cheddar cheese.  We have Miss E. with us for the night, so I'll get up at midnight to feed her.  I brought an apple up with me.

I'm seeing that I'm not eating nearly enough greens - especially dark greens.  Those aren't appreciated in Louisville :), so I'll have to eat those this week at home.

Spent the day with Gary and Eliza - just being a grandmother to a super sweet baby.  We had fun with her today dressing her up like a little fairy.  She didn't mind.  She typically just goes with the flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment