Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 21: Day 21 - A Bit Conflicted

Cave Run Lake
Sleep, wonderful sleep, came last night; however, I was still tired today.  Don't know what that was about.  We had breakfast and watched the weather on the t.v.  Looked like the skies were going to be clear in the afternoon, so we headed to the lake at 2:00 p.m.  There was some discussion of a nap before, a nap instead, but we opted for the lake (Conflict #1 - lake won).  Glad we did.  It was a beautiful afternoon/evening.





BREAKFAST:
Daisy posted a quinoa pudding recipe she wants to try.  It sounded good; I had quinoa, so I tried it - sort of.  I had read the recipe a couple days ago and just went with what I remembered.  Didn't do the cinnamon or vanilla.  That would have been a good addition.  Still good, though.  We have leftovers for tomorrow morning.  I might add the vanilla and cinnamon when I warm it up.  (Quinoa, almond milk, strawberries, walnuts, a dash of sugar - all cooked together.  Not exactly the recipe, but kinda close.)

LUNCH:
Raw veggies before stir-frying.
I had thawed steaks yesterday and had them marinating.  Since I knew we'd have dinner on the boat, I grilled the steaks for lunch.  Stir-fry veggies in coconut oil (zucchini, mushrooms, onion, and tomato) was the side dish.  I haven't used coconut oil.  Good and bad reviews about the health benefits/effects.  I'm not a huge fan of coconut flavor.  I wasn't sure just how coconut-y the vegetables would be cooked in the oil.   A little too much of a coconut taste for me.  They were good, but I'd prefer them done in another oil. 


This plate doesn't look like that much food to eat.

The plate below, with the steak cut up, looks like so much more food!
DINNER:
We had our standby tuna and tomato for dinner on the boat.  It really was enough for dinner after eating steak for lunch.  We had olives to go with it.  I also had an apple.  Got the apple at Good Foods yesterday - Bourbon County (local) and organic.  Most tasteless apple I've ever had!  Lots of crunch but just no flavor.  Weird....and I have three more left to eat.


SNACK:
Well, Gary said since it was Sunday, we had to stop by McDonald's on our way home for a caramel sundae.  I couldn't say no to him :) (Conflict #2 - I lost).  Gary, though, gets a chocolate milkshake.  I don't think that will easily fit into a day of the week - Monday Milkshake, maybe?

I'm stuffed.  I don't think I'll have a bedtime snack.  In fact, I think I'm going to bed early.  Very relaxed after a swim in the lake and a nap on a rocking boat. 

Cut up raw veggies this morning to snack on this week.  The watermelon radishes (front) were strange.  Sort of bitter and spicey.  Don't think they'll be a favorite of mine, but I had to try them.






Our fruit bowl seems to be a bit conflicted (Conflict #3 - waiting on Gary to eat the chips and resolve the conflict!).

No comments:

Post a Comment