Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 15: Day 15 - Never Say Cantaloupe, 'Cause I Already Did

Lake Day today....yea!  It was a bit shiver-y on the lake.  The wind was blowing, some cloud coverage, and it felt like autumn.  Water was fairly pleasant - a bit cool.  Getting out of the water and into the wind was chilly, but we warmed up quickly.  We just saw a few other boats on occasion.  Pretty much had the lake to ourselves.  Perfect day.  I love coming home from swimming at the lake - warmed by the sun, raisin digits, relaxed, and just tired enough.

BREAKFAST:
Some country ham and cantaloupe.  Simple but good.








LUNCH:
Tuna salad with some tomatoes.  It took me until I was in my twenties before I would eat tuna salad.  Just never was a favorite of mine.  It had to be on bread.  Took me a bit longer still to eat tuna salad as a salad - or maybe tomato stuffed with tuna salad.  I still prefer tuna salad on bread, but since I'm trying to limit carbs and go gluten-free, I had tuna and tomatoes.  I do like it, but I need the right ratio of tomato to tuna - about 1:1 really!




DINNER:
Raw veggies (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, bell pepper, celery), cherries, boiled chicken, fresh spinach, and tomatoes.  Ate both meals on the boat.  I'm sure we burned some extra calories while we shivered in our wet bathing suits as we ate!  (Took the apples; didn't eat them.)






SNACKS:
Well, it's routine about half the time that we drive through McDonald's on our way home from the lake for ice cream.  Gary gets a chocolate shake, and I get a caramel sundae.  That's what we did tonight.  Good stuff.


I tried a granola bar a friend offered me.  Pretzels and chocolate in it.  That was good....and bad....bad in that I wanted about five of them - but only ate one.

Some cashews when I got home.

Gary and I ate that entire cantaloupe in two days!  It was a big one, too.  It was so good.  Never say cantaloupe - 'cause I already did - eloped, that is :).....38 years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment